Eighteen Secondary Resource Centers (SRCs) were built under the Education Sector Development Project II (ESDP II), which was also supported by the ADB. These SRCs have been operating since the beginning of 2011.
Under EEQP, eight SRCs have been built, another four are under construction, and a further six SRCs will be built by 2013. In total, 18 SRCs will have been built under EEQP. This brings the total number of SRCs to 36. Each of the SRSs has a network of up to eight secondary schools that will share the resources with the SRS.
Goals of Secondary Resource Schools
- Maintain and maximize the use of the Secondary Resource Centers (SRC).
- Promote professional direction to students and enhance knowledge through information and communication technology (ICT) with education communities.
- Provide leadership and direction in support and use of good teaching and learning methods to support development of MoEYS’s new initiatives, such as strengthening the implementation of school curriculum and monitoring.
- Serve (or in a certain period of time, serve) as a center of excellence of teaching and learning, educational practice and a role model on education performance and teaching that can be replicated in other schools.
- Demonstrate that school operations and relationships between the school and the community progress forward based on school quality improvement.
- Write, collate/compile and share learning materials and experiences on human resource development and resources with other schools and help them to design and implement changes to their own context.
- Strive to achieve the levels of those schools of outstanding operations and performance in the region.
- Mobilize funding from all stakeholders to ensure sustainability of the SRS in a fair and transparent manner.
Download the Brochure :
Secondary Resource Center Brochure (273.27 kB)