|Department of Finance|
Department: Department of Finance
The objective of the sub-program is: 1) to ensure budget management and utilization at national and sub-national levels for transparency, accountability, effectiveness and efficiency; and 2) to ensure timely and appropriate expenditure and liquidation reporting correspondent with the public financial management reform.
2. Responding to ESP Strategies and Policies
Policy 2: Improving the Quality and Efficiency of Education Services
¯ Increase public financial accountability and educational institution responsibilities for operational budgets and program decision making.
· Regulations and expenditure principles for the implementation of program budgeting, such as school operational budgets, scholarships, personnel expenditure and other incentives for efficiency, revised by 2013.
Policy 3:Institutional and Capacity Development for Educational Staff for Decentralization
¯ Improve the predictability for medium-term financial planning, decentralized management and improve regulatory systems and good governance.
· MOEYS’s action plan on the public financial reform program (PFMR) revised in 2012.
· Guidelines related to the public financial reform program such as budget strategic plans and annual operational plan developed in 2012.
¯ Assuring that all departments and educational institutions become operational departments with higher efficiency in budget management and implementation
3. Indicators and Targets
4.Main Programs and Activities
4.1. Recurrent Budget (Program based budgeting and others budgeting)
4.2. Capital programs
5. Program Management and Monitoring
The Department of Finance is responsible for financial monitoring and preparing work plans by monitoring implementation and coordination with the financial management team.
6. Financial Plan (million Riels)